Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Is Your Favourite Smell?

Last weekend had been a terribly busy weekend for me. Usually when I'm away from home for several hours, I'll make it a point to re-apply few dabs of my pefume. But last weekend I forgot, and I feel less human.

Do you remember what was your first perfume or deodorant? Well I know of friends who had started wearing deodorant since 13. I only started using them last year. Not because I have suddenly developed B.O. at this stage of life ( I think), but because I have been spending extended hours away from home everyday. I became very conscious of how I smell at the end of the day, especially with my fiance being around. :-D

I first fell in love with those perfume concentrate variations released by The Body Shop in tiny rounded bottles during high school days. I liked most of them except Dewberry. Somehow the smell identifies with erm... "bohsia" who hung out around Pertama Complex during those days. No offense. I still remember how I would dab just a teeny-weeny bit of these concentrates because the smell can be really overpowering. But even the tiny dab lasts a really, really long time....

The obsession carried on thoughout college and university, thanks to the media exposure and peer pressure . So every now and then, chunks of my MARA scholarship was spent on designer perfumes - Acqua di Gio, Hugo Boss (where the bottle resembles a grenade - what can I say, those were the rebellious years), and when I was about 17, my father who is allergic to perfumes went to Paris and presented me with, urmm..... Dolce Vita by Christian Dior. It was so sweet of him, but I don't wanna be smelling like Eva Peron going to school. So I kept it, until now.

Working and earning my own keep has definitely heightened my sense of smell, literally. I fell in love with Sensi by Giorgio Armani, Stella by Stella McCartney, Burberry's Brit, Calvin Klein's Eternity, Armani Mania by Giorgio Armani and White Diamond by Emporio Armani.

I believe every girl is destined to find their one true perfume. One that perfectly complements her and makes her feel ready to take over the world every morning. I swear to God that Sensi by Giorgio Armani is my true perfume. Alas, it is no longer in the market. Right now, it's a tie between Armani Mania and Stella. So babe, now you know what to get for my birthday in many, many years to come. :-)

No comments: