THE DATE has yet to be set, still. Now we all have to wait until his parents came back after performing Haj. Call me selfish, but don't people usually want to clear all unfinished business before the leave for the sacred pilgrimage?
Our original "surprise wedding" plan failed last year when his mom threw a fit and sent us on a guilt trip. The second date agreed by both sides (excluding his silent parents) went by and killed by .... his parents' silence. And now, we were told to wait again until after their Haj.
We have been advised against marrying without parents' blessings. But nobody can advise us on the next course of action when blessing is not forthcoming and being unreasonably witheld.
I wonder what's the next 'excuse'. Sigh.
I feel like giving up. I'm full of frustration. Maybe we were not meant to be. Full stop.
Latest updates! (Year 2014 first entry)
12 years ago
